3 simple Photoshop tricks

Feb 17, 2013

As a somewhat new Photoshop user, I'm still figuring out little tricks that makes designing a bit easier. Today I'm sharing three simple Photoshop tricks that I use to jazz up my photos. I own Photoshop Elements 8, but I'm pretty sure these tricks can be used with most versions (you might need to take a look around your program for the same settings).
1. To draw perfectly straight horizontal or vertical lines, simply hold down the shift button. For dotted lines, click the brush icon in your toolbar, then click the same brush icon in the long toolbar near the top of the screen and change the spacing (I usually do about 300%).
2. To get the look of confetti, go to your brush settings (click the brush icon in your toolbar, then click the same brush icon in the horizontal toolbar near the top of the screen) and change the settings similar to the ones above. Note: using 'fade' will eventually completely fade out your confetti. Just keep using the brush
3. To 'colorpop' your picture, place a black and white layer of your photo on top of a color layer. Then erase the areas where you want color to show.
Photobucket
I love Canary Lane Photography!